Monday, December 8, 2014

Nursery and Babies Update--36 Weeks

Well nesting has officially set in! We have been trying to finish unpacking and buying everything else we need for the home and the babies before they come. I know I wont be able to do much to the house once they are here but I can now say we are officially moved in! 

Decorating the babies nursery was so fun. I have been planning this nursery for the past 3 years. I have bough different prints, decor, mobiles and things throughout the years. I bought the dresser on craigslist and painted it. We bought the cribs from IKEA and painted those. Ever since we went on our safari to Uganda I knew I wanted my future baby (or babies!) room to be safari themed. 

I saw this paper mobile at a baby boutique in Lake Tahoe and registered for it on Amazon and got it at my shower! The second mobile is from our trip to Uganda.

 The painting is also from Uganda and the bookshelves are IKEA spice racks!

 I bought these prints throughout the years, so fun!
Now for an update on the babies!
How far along: 36 weeks! My doctor moved my due date up from January 13 to January 5. He says if they are not here by 38 weeks, December 22, that I will be induced. That means my babies are coming before Christmas (LESS THAN TWO WEEKS)! 
Total weight gain: 49 lbs... there's two in there okay!
Maternity clothes: Yes, yes, yes! I don't fit in anything else and maternity clothes are so comfy, some of my maternity clothes are not able to cover my whole belly now.
Stretch marks: I have one or two on my love handles still, only one on my belly
Sleep: Still not fun, waking up at least 5 times a night to pee, sleep is very uncomfortable, hard to turn from side to side.
Best moment of this week: seeing the babies and spending the weekend in Flagstaff with my family
Miss anything: being able to bend over, not having heartburn, sleep!
Movement: Lots! More rolling now then kicks or jabs, space is limited in there!
Food cravings: Still macaroni and cheese haha
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! I've been feeling awesome!
What strangers say: People always ask when I am due and when I tell them it's twins they always freak out, it's so cute/funny. "Do twins run in your family? I hope you have family near by. Are you about to give birth? Good luck!"
Gender: Boy and Girl
Labor signs: Occasional braxton hick
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: Wearing a wedding band of my moms
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, occasionally moody
Looking forward to: My babies being born!! 

Well I had an ultrasound last Thursday and baby girl miraculously went from head down to breech. I do not know how she did that because there is no space in there! I had another ultrasound today and she was still breeched, so looks like a c-section maybe in the future. I had a NST and biophysical ultrasound. In the ultrasound they check that each baby is breathing (chest going up and down), big movements, small movements, and amniotic fluid levels. In the NST (non stress test) they monitor both babies heart rates for 20 minutes. I found out today that I have high blood pressure so my doctor ordered a blood test that I also took today. We will see what happens with those results, these babies could be coming a little bit sooner than planned!

Also, if you want to take a guess at when the babies will be born, weight and length, press the link below:
http://www.expectnet.com/games/VDGtwins

Baby girl weighed 5lbs 13oz and baby boy weighed 5lbs 11oz, give or take 8oz. Either way very healthy babies! This is the only shot we were able to get (baby girl), less space means less pictures! 

Lauren's 80s birthday party 32.5 weeks

My awesome sisters through me the greatest shower! That will get it's own post later.

35 weeks, yes I am large!!

 The NST

So in love with my babies and cannot wait to meet them!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey I'm always that large by 35 weeks and I've never had twins. I remember being aske when I was 4 months pregnant with my first if I was due any day. You are so lucky you look so good pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Ali & Nathan. Thank you for this fabulous tour of your creative & beautiful nursery !!! It is truly a room of beauty & joy. I love the history of the things collected, as well as the awesome colors you chose & the pieces of Africa you wove into it as well. You are all in my prayers as your time to deliver comes near.... Just be glad you're not riding on a donkey to a stable for delivery!! I still marvel at Mary every time I put my nativity set up!! Sending so much love to the 4 of you as you im ark on the greatest thing that will ever happen to you in this lifetime ... Parenthood!! Love & joy ! Marge

    ReplyDelete